I realize it is not over yet, but nothing much is going to happen these last few days. Nathan is at TBA for the first part of the week, and then I leave on Thursday to go to NewYork with my mom and my sisters.
We have not done too much this month. We started the process of getting ready for the baby. Nathan got all the boxes of G's baby clothes out of storage. We sorted and washed everything.
This is what our living room looked like during the sorting process. Baby clothes are everywhere. Some things had to be thrown out. I did not know what could happen to clothes that had baby puke on them when combined with 4 years of storage. I swear they were clean when we put them in there. In the picture on the right the clothes we threw out are on the far right of the picture. Then there are the few clothes that we gave to goodwill. You know, the ones that are completely inappropriate for the time of year that the baby is going to be born. I am sure that there are clothing items we will still need, but I don't think the child will go naked for any extended period of time.
I worked at a client in Houston for a few days this month. We were only 30 minutes from Galveston, so we stayed at the beach house and the boys were able to go with me. While I got to work they spent their time going to the aquarium, the beach, and even Schlitterbahn. G had a blast and I came away from the trip with everything being swollen. It took about a week to recover.
Then we had another baby shower for Ashley and Avery. Her sisters threw this one and it was very cute.
That same day we went to out niece's first birthday party. For those of you wondering where I got another niece, this is Nathan's step-brother's daughter, Finley.
But it is hot, and G hates the heat. So mostly we just stay indoors when we are home. I have been working a lot trying to get everything done at work before this baby comes. I still have quite a ways to go, but things are looking better than they were 2 weeks ago. Hopefully Nathan and I both survive this week as we take turns being single parents.
The baby has been active. I have started going to the doctor every 2 weeks. I have not heard anything on my glucose test, so I am assuming that I passed it.
August will be an exciting month for us. We will finally take G to the doctor for his 4 year checkup. I continue with my doctor visits. We are going to a water park with our church. And we are having a 3D sonogram.
Until next time...
proof the child hates the heat!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment