Monday, August 08, 2005

First Day

Today is Garrett's first day at daycare and mom's first day back to work. We got up at 5:15am to eat. By the time he was done it was almost 6:00 and time for me to get up and get ready. I put Garrett back in his bed on his back. It took him until 6:45 to fall asleep. (This was a milestone since he has never slept on his back.) But I had to get him up to get him dressed. Then we all loaded up at 7:00 and Nathan and I took him to daycare. I can't leave him at daycare if he is asleep, so it took us 30 minutes to get everything taken care of and wake him up. I have been at work for 2 hours and so far I am doing ok. I will update later to let you know how he did today.

Update: Garrett did great today! They also have laws that won't allow the facility to let children sleep longer than two hours at a time, so he did have a little problem with that. He is his father's son, so he does not wake up easily or happily. But I think daycare could improve things at home. He is actually sleeping in his pack and play on his back. He even went down without screaming. Maybe we will work on moving to his room this weekend. It's too stressful on mommy to do it during the week. I am exhausted, and I have four more days to go this week.

3 comments:

jen barnes said...

hmm.. why can't you leave him at the daycare if he is asleep?

Shannon said...

Not totally sure, but I don't think they want him waking up to a new environment with no one he knows around.

jen barnes said...

ok, I can understand that... I just thought it was wierd to have to wake a sleeping baby! I mean, with James, we work so hard to get him to sleep!! :-)