Tuesday, January 30, 2007

ENT update

Surgery is scheduled for the 16th. The new ENT we went to is a pediatric ENT. He is affiliated with and does all his surgeries at Cook Children's Hospital. It was great to go to someone that deals with this stuff with kids all the time. He said that G's ear tubes are not working correctly. One is completely blocked (which I knew about) and the other one still has an issue that I knew about from a previous illness. However, I thought that both of those two problems were supposed to be solved with previous medications and they were not. So, he wants to replace his tubes.

He also looked at G's throat. He has very large tonsils and adenoids just like his mom. The doc does not believe they will ever get any smaller. And right now are just causing him to be sick all the time. He also can't breathe through his nose which is causing him to snore and have some wheezing problems. It has also probably been the cause of his slow speech developments and his current eating problems.

So, we are just very glad to have found someone that knows whats going on. It will probably be about a 5-7 day recovery time for him. But in the long run he will feel better.

1 comments:

jen barnes said...

that sucks. I mean, the whole experience. I'm glad things are being taken care of though. Will he already be getting his tonsils removed? We'll be praying for Garrett's recovery and health.